AMP IT UP
Looking for an awesome amp that will get you heard? We are an Authorized Dealer for the brands we sell, and making an informed decision about the amplifier you choose is very important. When you start shopping around you’re going to see what seems like endless choices. Our advice, bring your main guitar and play through as many different amp brands within your budget and buy the one that sounds and has the best features for you and your style of playing.
BUYING AN INSTRUMENT AMP
What Do You Need To Know
Tons of choices, different prices, tube vs. solid state, combo vs. stack… WOW!
When choosing a great guitar amp, there are several key factors to consider:
- Power: The power of an amp is measured in watts, and it determines how loud the amp can get. If you’re planning on playing in small venues or at home, a lower-wattage amp might be sufficient, but if you’re playing in larger venues or with a band, you’ll want an amp with more power.
- Type of amp: There are several types of guitar amps available, including solid-state, tube, and modeling amps. Solid-state amps are known for their reliability and consistency, while tube amps are known for their warm, natural tone. Modeling amps use digital technology to emulate the sound of various types of amplifiers.
- Features: Consider the features that you need in an amp. Some of the most common features include built-in effects, multiple channels, and reverb.
- Portability: If you’re planning on taking the amp to gigs or rehearsals, portability might be an important consideration. Look for an amp that is lightweight and easy to transport.
- Brand and reputation: Consider the brand and reputation of the guitar amp. Well-established and reputable brands are often a safe bet for quality and reliability.
- Price: Guitar amps come in a wide range of prices, from beginner-friendly models that can be had for a few hundred dollars, to high-end models that can cost several thousand. Having a rough idea of how much you’re willing to spend will help you narrow down your search.
- Try it out before buying: The most important factor is to try it out before buying. Even if you’ve done your research and have a good idea of what you’re looking for, it’s essential to get a feel for the guitar amp and see how it sounds and plays.
In summary, when choosing a great guitar amp, consider the power, type of amp, features, portability, brand, reputation, price, and try it out before buying.
Begin & End Here
The sound has to get through and move the audience… great amplification will make that happen
Concert halls or auditoriums
Small or large
Mic or direct
Alone or with friends
The Man We All Trust
For many years, Joe has been the man that so many of our customers and friends have relied on to build, repair, advise and troubleshoot their stringed instruments. It doesn’t really matter what it is, if it has strings Joe can repair it (unless it’s been broken into splinters!)
Joe knows amps too and he can steer you in the right direction.
HOME ON THE STAGE
Our customers use the gear they buy from us in all types of venues, homes, churches or wherever they happen to be. The amps we sell are the same as those used by professional musicians and studios. Just like everything else we do, we’ve been selling amps for years so we know the best when we hear it and we’re happy to be able to get these jewels into the hands of our customers.
Stop in and see the selections we have, grab a guitar, plug in, play then decide for yourself.